Entry into the squad is that the swimmer will have met all the requirements of the Intermediate Squad or at the discretion of the coaches.
Criteria for entry into this squad will be based around performance in the following:
|400m plus in Freestyle||With technique in multiple sets|
|Breaststroke||Multiples of 100’s with minimum rest intervals|
|Backstroke||Multiple backups with rest intervals|
|I.M.s||Correct stroke and changeovers increasing in distance|
|Be confident of swimming these strokes / distances in competition|
Swimmers must arrive early before they do their water session. During this time they must do their dry land stretching and strengthening exercises.
Training equipment that the swimmer must bring to pool deck:
- Goggles (and spare if required), water bottle, flippers, own paddles and log book.
- Healthy eating habits
- Increased volume of work with stroke progression
- Stroke counting with distance per stroke in race pace work.
- Desire for personal improvement with goal setting – (self commitment)
- Training method knowledge.
Swimmers should make themselves available for all sessions. When more pool time becomes available, because of the increase in membership, the current swimmers hopefully will be given more training sessions. Your coach will contact you when the time comes.
Training should include water sessions and dry land sessions i.e. gym work.